Title: YOU DEAR SWEET MAN
Author: Thomas Neviaser
Genre: Paranormal/Magical Realism
A blue-collar worker is seduced into the unsavory world of advertising by an attractive but an evil woman whose alter-ego poses as a model in a subway car ad, becomes his living fantasy, and ultimately defines his sad destiny.
In an attempt to bring his fast food company back to the heights of success it previously enjoyed, a CEO wants to change its image to include a healthy food venue.
The use of a sophisticated, beautiful, adult film model and two youthful computer nerds, specializing in holography and animation, leads to a most intriguing and ingenious advertisement that responds to vibrations of whatever vehicle on which it is attached; hence, an exciting yet subtle motion to entice viewers to concentrate on the company's message. Of course, there are antagonists who are trying to sabotage the efforts of the company, but these attempts are thwarted through the devious maneuverings of the computer wizards.
The model's temper leads to revenge when her suggestions for the ad are repeatedly rejected by the CEO and board members, and she secretly uses her sensuality and paranormal skills to telepathically force the creators of the ad to produce ads to include unhealthy food images such as burgers and fries. She invents an alter-ego to serve as a replacement for herself in these ads; however, there is one component missing. To finalize her ad, there is a need to add a contrasting overweight and unattractive man. To find that person, the alter-ego must leave the ad, become a human image, and succeed in seducing such a man to return to the ad with her.
In the end, she used his hunger for a burger and fries to coerce him into entering the ad. As he enters the ad, he becomes frozen in time forever, mouthing a juicy hamburger. The ad is complete and her revenge is finally sweet knowing she was definitely right, and the company was wrong.
Ultimately, she was correct, but, as with everything in advertising, the unexpected becomes drab, the excitement dwindles, and the ad is soon forgotten as are those who created it. A financially strapped, fast food company develops a very ingenious advertisement using a complicated 3D form of motion to promote its new healthy food venue incorporating a beautiful model who, unbeknownst to them, has a malefic agenda. Her psychology and early paranormal background as well as an innate mental acumen allow her to use a special power over men utilizing a simple phrase, “You dear, sweet man.” Her nefarious plan infatuates an unsuspecting blue collar subway rider into becoming a contrasting figure in her version of the company's advertisement. He soon realizes that advertising is not as glamorous as expected.
What I love most about the holiday season:
Family events, good cheer, and presents, of course.
Enter to win a $100 Amazon (US) Gift Card
Runs July 1 – 31
Drawing will be held on August 1
A retired orthopedic surgeon who has traded in his knife for a word processor. Dr. Neviaser has authored over 40 peer reviewed medical articles, several chapters in orthopedic text books, and participated in multiple national and international conferences and seminars. Since retiring, he was written one novel, three non-fiction works, and has finished his first draft of his second novel to be published in 2018. He is a columnist for the Culpeper Times, former columnist for the Culpeper Star-Exponent, blogger, and speaker.
1. YOU DEAR SWEET MAN (FICTION): A blue-collar worker is seduced into the unsavory world of advertising by an attractive but an evil woman whose alter-ego poses as a model in a subway car ad, becomes his living fantasy, and ultimately defines his sad destiny.
2. THE WAY I SEE IT ( NON-FICTION): A Head-to-Toe Guide to Common Orthopaedic Conditions - A guide book for the layperson to understand 90 common orthopedic conditions in depth with 75 photos/diagrams/x-rays as well as phonetically spelled medical terms with easy to understand explanations; chapters on osteoporosis, bone healing, stress fractures, fibromyalgia; a glossary of orthopedic terms and a bibliography. A must guide for orthopedic patients!
3. THE COMB IN THE URINAL and Other Perplexities of Life (SHORT STORIES) - 16 short stories about objects we see seen everyday with no story behind them such as the mattress on the side of the road, lost dog posters, and shoes hanging from telephone lines. Dr. Neviaser tells stories about these objects and how they ended where they found. Some of the stories are true. Can you find which ones they are?
4. MAN'S UNOFFICIAL GUIDE TO THE USE OF HIS GARAGE (NON-FICTION) - A humorous yet very informative guide for both men and women who want to have an organized garage. A wonderful, Father's Day, Mother's Day, Birthday, or Christmas gift!
5. THE MYSTERY OF FLIGHT 2222 (FICTION) - TO BE PUBLISHED SUMMER 2018 - Two strangers meet while seated on a long distance air flight. The more seasoned of the two creates a game to pass the time. They chose seven passengers and proceed to guess their names, age, occupation, marital status, and personality. Later, they are informed of severe mechanical problems disabling the plane, leading to a crash into the sea. They survive along with only seven other passengers, incredibly the seven people from the game they had just played. The subsequent prolonged and horrifying adventure in a raft presents many obstacles to their survival including sharks, severe weather, death, hunger, thirst, declining physical and mental health, paranoia, and pirates of the high seas. Their long awaited rescue from the ravages of the sea is just the beginning of their trip to Hell and back.
Social Media Links: